Udaipur Railway Station Redevelopment work to start soon. IRSDC holds meeting with Local body.
Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) is spearheading the task of re/developing railway stations across the country. The aim is to transform the railway stations into ‘Railopolis’ or inter-modal hubs that are global integrated solutions to futuristic development. Providing passengers with world class amenities under one roof is the agenda. Transit hubs are no longer an isolated development, rather critical links between commercial, retail, residential and recreational spaces. IRSDC currently is working on over 60 re/development projects, while Habibganj and Gandhinagar Railway Stations are scheduled to be inaugurated in the first quarter of 2021. In the series, IRSDC has also taken over the redevelopment of Udaipur Railway Station and has appointed EPIL as PMC- Project Management Consultant.
Today, on 12th January 2021 IRSDC held a meeting with Udaipur Improvement Trust (UIT) to submit railway station layout plans for local body consultations. Udaipur Railway station provides an ideal opportunity to develop a multi-modal hub which can directly connect trains and buses besides private vehicles, taxis, and Intermediate Public Transport with a visible commercial development.
Udaipur Railway Station lies in the heart of the city and it is gateway to the city. It is surrounded by commercial areas on south east and north west, institutional areas on north east, and Residential areas on the south west side. The redevelopment plan primarily aims to de-fragment the land parcels around the station so that their commercial potential can be enhanced. Design scheme has been devised so as to connect people with main flow of commercial spaces. The aim is to restructure the station with better amenities, create connections within the city and connect the main concourse to commercial pockets thereby enhancing the experience of public amenities. The creation of transit orient development by connecting railway station and bus station with covered walkway provides a seamless experience to passengers by provision of FOBs and creation of public piazzas. The total site area is 4,98,116 sqm.
Key salient features of redevelopment are:
- Architectural style of Udaipur and heritage of Rajasthan reflects in Proposed Railway Station Buildings.
- Airport like Concourse for departing passengers and world class facilities.
- Provide better passenger amenities, convenience and experience
- Station building to have segregated movement for arriving and departing passengers at different levels.
- Provide superior road connectivity between city and Railway station including bus station
- Multi-modal access, drop-off and parking
- Sheltered drop-off zone and meet & greet zone
- Covered Parking linked to station building
- Station building to be independent and phased for quick completion and commissioning
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.